Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Steve Jobs: 1955 - 2011

I'm a nerd, from way back in the stack, and only two years younger than Mr. Jobs. I was a few blocks away at HP, in Cupertino, when Apple began. I worked at Apple during graduate school. If it is possible for a company to touch a person, Apple is all the way it. I am currently building an iPhone app that rendered the stipple (dot) drawing you see here. I build things for every platform, but Apple is the gold standard, warts and all.

Steve Jobs was a lot of things extraordinary and human, but mostly he is proof that if you do not live your life to do the things you love, you are wasting your precious time on the planet.

RIP

Steve Jobs 2005 Standford University Commencement Address.





James C. Collier

READ MOST RECENT POSTS AT ACTING WHITE...

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

1 comment:

Erik said...

Rest in Peace. You will be missed.